Energy Healing Services
What Is Energy Healing?
Energy healing is a broad category of alternative healing methods that utilize universal life force as their primary healing modality. Although some energy healing/medicine is used as an alternative to allopathic, or Western medicine, most methods are used as a complement to the care given by medical doctors and other traditional treatments.
Most energy therapies presuppose or accept the theory that matter and energy are not exclusive opposites, but that matter is simply a denser form of energy that is more easily perceived by the senses. Some energy therapies are associated with systems of traditional Indian (Ayurveda) or Chinese (Acupuncture) medicine that are thousands of years old; others draw upon contemporary scientific theories.
In energy medicine, good health results from having the appropriate amount of energy flowing smoothly throughout the body, while health-related problems or ailments result from a blockage or deficiency of energy. The fundamental objective of energy healing/medicine is to increase or stimulate the amount of life force in the body to facilitate the body’s’ own natural healing process. This is done by enhancing energy flow and correcting disturbances in the “human energy field” or “aura” which permeates and surrounds the body. Improving the flow of energy supports the self-healing capacity of the body.
The most commonly known forms of energy healing medicine are:
Energy Healing Works Directly With The Energetic Level of Life
Since everything is energy; all healing ultimately involves energy. Most healing methods are focused on the physical, mental and emotional levels of life, without recognition of the deeper underlying energy. Energy healing works purely with the energetic level of our being. Since everything is made up of patterns of energy, working directly with energy influences the physical, mental and emotional, as well as the spiritual level. Energy healing is thus by nature "holistic".
If there is an illness or disturbance in the body, mind or emotions, we certainly want to address those levels. Energy healing, however, complements and supports other methods of healing, because it addresses the energy of which the body, mind, and emotions are composed.
Principles of Energy Healing
Listed below are some principles common to all energy healing. Everything is energy.
- We are energetic beings.
- Energy follows thought.
- Universal life energy can be directed through the hands to facilitate healing.
- Our attention is like a beam of energy and affects whatever it is focused on, hence energy healing does not have to be hands-on.
- We have energy anatomy just as we have a physical anatomy
- The physical body can be considered the densest expression of the human energy field.
- Changes in the human energy field are expressed in the body in the course of time.
- Greater coherence, flow, and balance in the human energy field can facilitate healing.
- Free flow of energy is essential to health and well-being.
- An individual with greater coherence in the energy field can positively affect the energy field of someone whose field is less coherent.
- The energy healer is able to enhance his/her own energy field sufficiently to positively affect the energy field of the healer.
- Becoming centered and thus creating greater coherence in our energy field not only promotes self-healing but is the basis of using our energy field to support the healing of another.
The healer can influence the energy field of the healer in a variety of ways – through the medium of the hands, attention, and use of his/her own energy
Understanding Your Energetic Anatomy
Just as we have a physical anatomy, we have also had an "energy anatomy". The "human energy field” or "aura" surrounds and permeates the physical body. The physical body could be thought of as the densest expression of the energy, and as only one of a number of bodies that comprise our energy anatomy. We also have "subtle bodies", which are sometimes referred to as the emotional, mental and spiritual bodies.
Scientific evidence provides tangible proof of the existence of the energy body and its relation to the health and well being of the physical body. This has been termed as the “bioplasmic body” from the word “bio” meaning life and “plasma” meaning the fourth state of matter after, solids, liquids, and gases.
Scientific experiments conducted by the eminent Russian scientist, Semyon Kirlian, using ultra-sensitive photographic processes showed a colorful, radiant energy field surrounding the physical bodies of humans, animals, and plants. This energy field, or aura, interpenetrates the visible physical body, extending about 4-5 inches from the skin’s surface. Experiments using Kirlian photography have revealed that diseased energies appear first in the energy body before manifesting as a physical ailment.
Your energetic anatomy has 5 basic components:
- Chakras, the body’s power centers or transformers that take in and distribute energy
- Meridians, the energy channels that transfer energy to and from the chakras and associated organs and body parts.
- Inner Aura, the inner shell of energy that radiated from inside the body and extends approximately 5 inches out from the body in a healthy adult.
- Outer Aura, the outer shell of energy that also begins inside the body and extends up to several feet beyond the inner aura in a healthy adult. The outer aura holds in the body’s energy.
- Health Aura, an aggregation of health rays that emanate outward from the body’s pores. In a healthy person, these rays are straight and well defined. In an unhealthy person, they crooked
Your Energetic Anatomy has four major functions:
- To absorb, distribute, and energize the physical body with energy
- To serve as a template for the physical body
- To control, through the chakras, the proper regulation of energy throughout the physical body
- To serve, through the aura and health rays, as a protective shield for the physical body against energetic contamination